opsi helps you with hard- and software inventory:
- The client's hardware is detected via WMI. The results are stored on the opsi-server.
- The hardware information is displayed clearly for each client in the opsi management interface.
- The information about the installed software of a client will be gathered from the registry. The results are stored on the opsi-server.
- The stored inventory-data can be evaluated via scripting, using the opsi command interface.
The opsi management interface comprises a detailed and up to date hard- and software inventory for each client:
- For error analysis you can corroborate which hardware and software release is involved.
- To plan OS rollouts or some other software with higher hardware requirements you can proof the environment of your PC-landscape.
- Information about the quantity and the release of a special software is essential for your planning tasks. It allows to have an integrative software environment.
- You may also detect if there is a lack of security-releases in the deployed software.
- ITIL requires an Asset Management. There are interfaces to import the opsi inventory data into an ITIL-CMDB: